At night. On Sunday afternoons. Right now. “I’m so bored. Bored af,” you say. Refreshing your Facebook page for the 87th time doesn’t cure your boredom. So you might be wondering; “What to do when bored?”
Here’s the deal: Whether you’re into random activities, fun websites, gaming, movies, arts and crafts, crafts or things to do at work, you can find new and exciting ideas to cure your boredom.
For example, here are some highlights (you can find the full lists below):
What To Do When Bored On The Internet?
Fun Games To Play When Bored
What To Watch When Bored?
- The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Mäki (and other awesome but unknown movies)
- Moonlight (and other Oscar winning movies)
- Black Mirror (and other IMDb top ranked TV shows)
Now: Cure Your Boredom. Find hundreds more ideas and subtopics below! From games, to challenges, to crafts, to movies and more.
What To Do When You’re Bored On The Internet?
There’s no excuse for being bored on the internet. There’re so many things to do, the only real difficulty is choosing. However, if you’re only visiting the same five sites every day – you will get bored. So here’re over 30 unique sites that will entertain you for hours. Say goodbye to boredom!
- The Bored Button: Press this button to instantaneously relieve your boredom.
- End World Hunger: Every answer you get correct on this site means 10 grains of rice will be donated through the World Food Programme to help end hunger. Choose from varying difficulty levels and subjects.
- Learn to code: Take a free coding class with Code Academy to learn a coding language. It is filled with helpful tutorials and step-by-step instructions.
- Make your own music: This site lets you create your own music mixes. Will be a DJ?
- BoredPanda: It’s not what it sounds like.
- How does music work?: Find out with free music theory.
- Turn yourself into a cartoon: Take a photo of yourself and cartoonize it. How will you look as a cartoon character?
- Find random sites: StumbleUpon random parts of the internet.
- Look like a professional (or illegal) hacker: Typing away randomly doesn’t stop coherent computer code from appearing on your screen.
- Learn a new language: This site (Duolingo) is the easiest way to begin learning a new language.
- Educate yourself: Inspire and educate yourself with a TED talk. What to do when bored? Learn!
- Discover your birth song: Discover the song that was at the top of the charts on the day you were born. You can also find the most popular movie.
- Will you press the button???: Answer hypothetical questions that pair the good with the bad (and see how your answer differs to everyone else). For example; you will become famous BUT everyone will seek you, and find you, and try and get to you. Will you press the button?
- Procrastinate with cats: This website cannot be described. Only experienced.
- Learn something new: There are many interesting and thought provoking articles on brain pickings.
- Don’t even reply…: Don’t even reply to these emails from an a**hole.
- Photo of the day from NASA: These incredible photos come with explanations that will help you learn about space.
- Write a story: Need a prompt? Use these prompts to write a story.
- What’s a day like in the life of a police officer?: Listen in to police scanners around the world.
- Make crazy patterns: Design symmetrical patterns and create stunning digital images. Here’s a similar site. And another similar site, this time with sand.
- Got time to waste?: This site was made just for you. What to do when bored – waste time.
- Can you do nothing for two minutes?: It’s tougher than it sounds. Find out with this website.
- Imgur: The most viral images on the internet. Also known as Reddit’s baby brother.
- Kitten War: Thank goodness. It’s not what it sounds like. You simply see two photos of cats and vote for the cutest. Will most people agree or disagree with you?
- View the faces of Facebook: Zoom in and see random Facebook profiles. See what the world of Facebook looks like – outside of your friend’s list.
- The worst things for sale: You won’t believe what some people sell. Alternatively, you can check out the best things for sale.
- Listen to real stories from real people: Learn the honest truth about people’s lives and experiences.
- View the world’s cutest animals: It’s filled with puppies, kittens and other adorable animals.
- OMG. Facts!: Discover weird facts and read articles in strange (but interesting) topics. Here’s a similar site.
Fun Games To Play When Bored
What to do when bored? There’s no need to be bored af when you have a mind-boggling myriad of games at your fingertips – literally – there are free games to play online. Not to mention the intense console games from PC to PlayStation.
But better yet. You don’t even need wi-fi or a gaming console when wondering what to do when bored. There are games you can play without wires and a console. No, I’m not talking about a Nintendo DS. Board games and card games are fun games to play when bored.
So what are you waiting for? Select one of these games from apps to board games, choose your character, and start your mission.
Free Internet Games To Play When You’re Bored Online
They’re fun. They’re free. And only a click away.
- Games From Bored.com: There are hundreds of easy-to-play games on this site. You’ll definitely beat your boredom, and you may even beat the game’s final boss. Games include ‘Dog Cage Escape’, ‘Color Physics’, and ‘Adventure Of Olaf’.
- Addicting Games: This game site is named appropriately. You may be in for a stint of gaming rehab after finishing with this site. Three of the most dangerously addicting games are; ‘Flight’, ‘The Impossible Quiz’, and ‘Forge Of Empires’. Play at your own risk!
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Game – 30th Anniversary Edition: This game pays tribute to the classic book, A Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy. Complete this game and it may even reveal the meaning of life.
- Akinator, The Web Genie: Play 20 question with this genius genie. No matter who you’re thinking of, he’s sure to guess who you’re thinking off. Amazing!
Apps To Download That Cure Boredom
- Super Mario Run: Relive the classic adventures of Mario and explore a myriad of maps.
- Hearthstone: Play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield.
- Trivia Crack Kingdoms: Put your mind to the test with the ultimate trivia questions about your favourite topics. From movies to sport to history, there’s more than 150k options you can choose from.
- World Series of Poker – WSOP Free Texas Holdem: Play poker in real time against real people – you can even win a prize!
- Just Dance Now: Dance to your favourite hits among more than 300 available songs – from Happy by Pharrell Williams to Juju on that Beat.
- Real Racing 3: Real Racing 3 features with 39 circuits at 17 real-world locations, a 43-car grid and over 140 meticulously detailed cars from top manufacturers.
- Broken Age: Broken Age is a family friendly, hand-animated, puzzle-filled adventure game with an all-star cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black and Masasa Moyo.
- Battle of Polytopia Power: Conquer tribes one by one and ultimately conquer the world.
- Galaxy of Pen & Paper: Join other heroes and go on space adventures.
- FTL: Faster Than Light: In FTL you run your own spaceship trying to save the galaxy. How will you react when your spaceship is attacked?
- Legend of Grimrock: You’re sentenced to death in Mount Grimrock, but set about escaping through ancient tunnels, past dungeons and tombs.
- Monument Valley: Manipulate impossible architecture and guide a silent princess through a stunningly beautiful world.
- Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition: Stranded. Alone. See if you can survive and find your way back home.
- Carcassonne: Build your very own medieval landscape. Wil Wheaton said, “Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne”.
- Threes!: A challenge that doesn’t stop. It gets harder as you get better.
- Dream Quest: Dream Quest is a roguelike deckbuilding game inspired by the likes of Ascension, Magic: the Gathering, and Shandalar.
- You Must Build A Boat: Don’t be mistaken. There’s a lot more to this game than just building a boat.
- Super Hexagon: This game is a minimalist masterpiece. Seriously.
Board Games To Stop You Saying “I’m So Bored.”
Game unplugged – without wires, batteries and in-game purchases with this mix of classic and modern board games. When you’re asking yourself what to do when bored at home – look no further than these board games for bored minds.
- Retro Snakes and Ladders: This classic game is ideal for kids complaining “I’m so bored.” Boredom disappears as they climb up ladders and shoot down snakes.
- Monopoly: Perhaps the most classic board game of them all, Monopoly is responsible for teaching kids the advantage that owning property brings. It is also responsible for more than one or two arguments.
- Ridley’s Family Quizzes & Games: With over 140 cards you can play a general knowledge quiz, movie quiz, play charades, search for songs and much more.
- Scrabble: The perfect board game for wordsmiths, Scrabble will help you stretch your language abilities in order to beat your opponent.
- Travel Chess Set: Whether in the car, on a plane, on a boat or in your lounge – you can hone your strategic mind with this chess set.
- Risk: This classic game lets you take over the world through strategic conquest. It’s filled with alliances, surprise attacks, and betrayal.
- Classic Games Compendium: This awesome set of 5 in 1 board games includes chess, dominos, draughts, backgammon and pick up sticks.
- Battleship: B4? Miss. D1? Hit! This classic game lets you hunt your opponent’s ships as if you were in the military yourself.
- Desktop Basketball Game: When it’s wet outside you can still play basketball with this game. No more wondering what to do when you’re bored.
- Trivial Pursuit: Which of your friends has the most general knowledge? Find out with a game of trivial pursuit.
- Desktop Balance Tower Office Game: This game will have you laughing and screaming in delight and terror as your tower grows and falls.
- Pictionary: Test your drawing skills with this classic board game to play when you’re bored.
- Tic Tac Two Game: Play the classic game using a stylish new set.
- Go: This abstract strategy board game will stretch your mind to the limit. Bored? Not when you can be playing Go. Go on – go play go!
- Finger Sports Tabletop Games: Become a finger athlete with these fun tabletop sports games.
Still wondering what to do when you’re bored at home? Then check out more board games you can play. Here’s classic board games to choose from, and the best new board games you can play to cure boredom.
Video Games To Play When Bored At Home
Which consoles do you have? Pick yours and check out the most popular games. Although, as you can see from the bottom two ideas – you don’t need a current console to play epic video games.
- PC – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From Minecraft to Starcraft.
- Xbox One – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From NBA to Overwatch.
- PlayStation 4 – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From GTA to Bloodborne.
- Nintendo 3DS: – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From Zelda to Mario.
- Nintendo Switch: – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From Rocket League to Celeste.
- Wii U – The Best Games To Play When Bored: From Assassin’s Creed to COD.
- Plug & Play Retro Video Games Controller: You don’t need the latest games and most expensive console to cure your boredom with video games. Play over 200 retro games including Racing Fighter, Aerial Warfare, Police vs Thief, PongPong, Space Base, Wonderball and Apple Chess.
- Mini Retro Arcade Video Games Machine: RElive the arcade fun with over 240 retro video games on this 1 portable device.
Card Games That Bust Boredom
Bust your boredom with these awesome card games. Some you can play by yourself, some with friends. But they’ll all leave you without the nagging thought of “What to do when bored at home?”.
- Solitaire: You can play this game completely by yourself with a deck of cards. It’s challenging, simple to set-up, and provided hours of fun. No more wondering what to do when you’re bored. Perfect when wondering what to do when bored at home alone.
- Rummy Card Game: Rummy is a classic card game when you have to collect matching sets by picking up and discarding cards. You can play with your Grandparents who may already know the rules, or learn them yourself with included instructions.
- Playing Cards By Mensa – Riddles And Conundrums: Test your brain power with this challenging card game. Are you a genius? Find out!
- Go Fish Card Game: Play the classic game of go fish and see who wins out of you and your friends.
- Uno: Play this game and if you’re lucky you’ll be making your friend draw 4!
- Dungeons & Dragons: This roleplayer game has developed a cult following for good reason. It’s epic. Filled with brilliant battles, heroic actions, and vivid storytelling.
- Spoons Card Game: Just like musical chairs, the aim of everyone’s favourite vintage card game Spoons is to make sure you’re not the last person standing.
- Cards Against Humanity: This novel card game rocketed to infamy with it’s outrageous antics and creative combinations.
- Old Maid Card Game: Nobody wants to be left with the Old Maid! If you think you’re up to the challenge of avoiding the wrinkled wench then cure your boredom and play this game.
- Crazy Eights: A favourite of many oldies, crazy 8’s can be fun for anyone. All you need is a deck of cards.
- Premium Texas Hold’em Poker Set: This set has everything you need to start an intense game of poker. Don’t forget your poker face.
- Bears Vs Babies Card Game: Funded from Kickstarter, this game is incredibly popular and incredibly fun.
- Crazy Cat Chaos Card Game: This puntastic game is filled with hilarious celebrity/ cat hybrids.
- The Hilarious Emoji Card Game: Collect the most emojis and win. It’s kind of like Facebook really… But a better answer to what to do when bored.
- True or False Game For Grown Ups: This game features 108 hilarious questions that will provide hilarious answers.
- 52 Fun Things To Do On A Plane Card Set: Kids love getting their imagination going with these creative ideas to keep them entertained.
- Beer Pong Playing Card Game – Just Add Beer!: What to do when you’re bored at night? Beer pong! And the magic of these cards is you don’t need balls, cups or a table to play.
- Snap! Card Game: SNAP! That’s the sound of you winning another round of the classic card game snap.
- Magic The Gathering: Create your own future in this world of fantasy.
Games That Require Nothing But Your Mind
You don’t always have access to a video game or board game. But that doesn’t mean you should be left feeling bored. Here are some games you can play anytime, anywhere:
- Two Truths And A Lie: Players tell two truths and one lie. The object of the game is to determine which statement is the false one.
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon: You choose a celebrity and then must link that celebrity to Kevin Bacon through six or fewer of that chosen celebrities acquaintances.
- I Spy: One player thinks of an object that they, and all the players, can see around them and then declares: “I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with….” followed by the first letter of the word they are thinking of. Players must guess what they saw.
- Charades: A player chooses something to act out, such as a movie or celebrity, and their teammates have to guess what it is.
- Would You Rather: Ask a friend to choose between two terrible choices, such as; Would you rather have a permanent boogie hanging from your nose or a permanent piece of parsley stuck in your teeth?
What To Watch When Bored? The Ultimate TV Shows And Movies To Watch When Bored
What to do when bored – nothing cures boredom like a good movie. That’s why we’ve collated some of the most popular films, Oscar winners, and unknown gems. And don’t worry. We didn’t forget about TV. We’ve found the best popular and obscure shows for you to watch. So what to do when bored? Here’s hundreds of hours worth of ideas.
IMDb’s All-Time 250 Top Rated Movies To Watch When Bored
Based on a ranking system this movie list is collated through the collective voice of passionate moviegoers.
- #1. The Shawshank Redemption: Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.
- #2. The Godfather: The ageing patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.
- #4. The Dark Knight: When the menace known as the Joker emerges from his mysterious past, he wreaks havoc and chaos on the people of Gotham, the Dark Knight must accept one of the greatest psychological and physical tests of his ability to fight injustice.
- #8. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Gandalf and Aragorn lead the World of Men against Sauron’s army to draw his gaze from Frodo and Sam as they approach Mount Doom with the One Ring.
- #13. Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back: After the rebels are overpowered by the Empire on the ice planet Hoth, Luke Skywalker begins Jedi training with Yoda. His friends accept shelter from a questionable ally as Darth Vader hunts them in a plan to capture Luke.
- #19. Seven Samurai: A poor village under attack by bandits recruits seven unemployed samurai to help them defend themselves.
- #25. Life Is Beautiful: When an open-minded Jewish librarian and his son become victims of the Holocaust, he uses a perfect mixture of will, humour, and imagination to protect his son from the dangers around their camp.
- #28. Saving Private Ryan: Following the Normandy Landings, a group of U.S. soldiers go behind enemy lines to retrieve a paratrooper whose brothers have been killed in action.
- #46. Whiplash: A promising young drummer enrols at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student’s potential.
- #48. The Lion King: Lion cub and future king Simba searches for his identity. His eagerness to please others and penchant for testing his boundaries sometimes gets him into trouble.
- #62: Wall-E: In the distant future, a small waste-collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind.
- #79: Your Name: Two strangers find themselves linked in a bizarre way. When a connection forms, will distance be the only thing to keep them apart?
- #87. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: When their relationship turns sour, a young couple undergoes a medical procedure to have each other erased from their memories.
- #93. 3 Idiots: Two friends are searching for their long lost companion. They revisit their college days and recall the memories of their friend who inspired them to think differently, even as the rest of the world called them “idiots”.
- #100. Snatch: Unscrupulous boxing promoters, violent bookmakers, a Russian gangster, incompetent amateur robbers, and supposedly Jewish jewellers fight to track down a priceless stolen diamond.
What was number 3? What was number 99? See the full list of 250 top rated movies here.
Oscar Winning Movies To Watch When Bored
These are the best movies of each year, as judged by Hollywood’s elite.
- 2017 – Moonlight: A chronicle of the childhood, adolescence and burgeoning adulthood of a young, African-American, gay man growing up in a rough neighbourhood of Miami.
- 2016 – Spotlight: The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core.
- 2015 – Birdman: A washed-up actor, who once played an iconic superhero, attempts to revive his career by writing and starring in his very own Broadway play.
- 2014 – 12 Years a Slave: In the antebellum United States, Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery.
- 2013 – Argo: Acting under the cover of a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a science fiction film, a CIA agent launches a dangerous operation to rescue six Americans in Tehran during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran in 1979.
See the full list of Oscar winning best picture movies here. It’s filled with classics.
Unknown Movies Of The Past Decade To Watch When You’re Bored
If you’ve seen the above movies or they leave you with a bored sigh, these relatively unknown and obscure movies may be just what you’re looking for.
- Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father: A filmmaker decides to memorialize a murdered friend when his friend’s ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son.
- The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Mäki: The true story of Olli Mäki, the famous Finnish boxer who had a shot at the 1962 World Featherweight title.
- Short Term 12: A 20-something supervising staff member of a residential treatment facility navigates the troubled waters of that world alongside her co-worker and longtime boyfriend.
- Being There: With some of the best skiers within all aspects of modern freeskiing, and a passionate film crew equipped with the best of HD cameras, this movie takes you there.
- What We Do in the Shadows: Viago, Deacon, and Vladislav are vampires who are finding that modern life has them struggling with the mundane – like paying rent, keeping up with the chore wheel, trying to get into nightclubs, and overcoming flatmate conflicts.
IMDb’s All-Time 250 Top Rated TV Shows That Solve What To Do When Bored
Based on a ranking system this movie list is collated through the collective voice of TV addicts everywhere.
- #1. Planet Earth II: David Attenborough returns in this breathtaking documentary showcasing life on Planet Earth.
- #2. Band of Brothers: The story of Easy Company of the U.S. Army 101st Airborne Division, and their mission in World War II Europe, from Operation Overlord, through V-J Day.
- #4. Game of Thrones: Nine noble families fight for control over the mythical lands of Westeros, while an ancient enemy returns after being dormant for thousands of years.
- #5. Breaking Bad: A high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer turns to manufacturing and selling methamphetamine in order to secure his family’s future.
- #6. The Wire: Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers and law enforcement.
- #7. Rick and Morty: An animated series that follows the exploits of a super scientist and his not-so-bright grandson.
- #10. The Sopranos: A New Jersey mob boss, Tony Soprano, deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life, which affects his mental state and leads him to seek professional psychiatric counselling.
- #20: True Detective: Seasonal anthology series in which police investigations unearth the personal and professional secrets of those involved, both within and outside the law.
- #35: Black Mirror: An anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech world where humanity’s greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.
- #94: Doctor Who: The further adventures in time and space of the alien adventurer known as the Doctor, a Time Lord/Lady who can change appearance and gender, and his/her companions.
What were the other top TV shows? See the full list here.
Incredible TV Shows You May Not Have Seen
We all know about Game of Thrones and Doctor Who, but here are some awesome TV shows you may not have heard of. Perfect if you’re feeling bored and have already watched the above TV shows.
- The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: A bounty hunter rides the Old West, fighting bad guys, many with futuristic-type gadgets.
- Firefly: Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
- Party Down: A group of actors move to Los Angeles to make it big, but end up working as caterers.
- Freaks and Geeks: A high school mathlete starts hanging out with a group of burnouts while her younger brother navigates his freshman year.
- Danger 5: It’s Christmas in the 1980s, Adolf Hitler is alive and has two Yuletide wishes: Danger 5 dead and the world under his Christmas tree. Better yet, it’s an Australian show.
Did you find something awesome to watch? If not, don’t despair. We have one more solution for you. TasteDive. You enter a movie or TV show you love and it will provide similar options that you’re likely to love as well. It provides personal answers for what to do when bored.
Challenges To Do When You’re Bored With A Friend
What to do when you’re bored with a friend? Get crazy. Try something new. Push your boundaries. Experiment. But how? With a hilariously awesome challenge.
- Raw Onions Challenge: Try to eat an entire onion in less than 60 seconds.
- Cinnamon Challenge: Eat a tablespoon of cinnamon without drinking anything.
- Wasabi Challenge: Eat a teaspoon of wasabi.
- Eat It Or Wear It Challenge: Buy some gross foods and put them into brown plastic bags. Each person chooses a bag. Once they see what’s inside, they can either eat it or wear it.
- Chubby Bunny Challenge: See how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth while still saying “Chubby Bunny”.
- Powdered Donut Challenge: Try eating 5 powdered donuts in 5 minutes. That actually sounds fun. But wait. You can’t drink anything.
- Mensa Challenge: Challenge your friends to an IQ battle with these Mensa cards.
- Blindfolded Makeup Challenge: Do your own makeup while blindfolded. Or take it a step further and do your friend’s makeup while blindfolded.
- Blindfolded Food Tasting: See if you can guess what different foods are while blindfolded.
- Coke And Mentos Challenge: Fill your mouth with mentos and try to drink a bottle of coke. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. No more wondering what to do when bored.
- Play Catch With An Egg: Get a raw egg and stand one step away from your friend. Throw the egg to them. If they catch it – they take a step back and throw the egg back to you. This continues until one of you (hopefully your friend and not you) ends up with broken egg all over them.
- Blindfolded Drawing Challenge: Pick something to draw and give it your best shot – while blindfolded.
- Whisper Challenge: Put on some headphones with music and try to read your friend’s lips as they whisper a phrase to you.
- Smoothie Challenge: Gather 10 ingredients that are delicious by themselves, then combine them in a blender. Will they taste delicious together? A wild challenge for what to do when bored.
- The 30 Day Fitness Challenge: Start the fitness challenge with a friend. Or alternatively, you could try the happiness challenge.
- Water In Your Mouth Challenge: You and a friend fill up your mouth with water. Sit or stand opposite each other. Play a funny YouTube video. Wait… One of you will laugh and spit water.
- 10 Layer Challenge: Open your closet and put on 10 layers of clothing.
- 7 Second Challenge: Try to complete a simple task in only 7 seconds, such as tying your shoelace or making a sandwich.
- Mannequin Challenge: Film your friends standing still as the camera goes around the room. The more awkward the positions the funnier it is. The harder the challenge, the better answer t what to do when bored.
- Chapstick Challenge: This challenge is better for couples than friends. One person puts on a flavour of chapstick and the other person tries to guess what flavour it is.
- Duplicate Profile Photo Challenge: Try to copy your friends profile photos. Copy the stance, clothes, and background.
- Body Part Challenge: Take your friends finger and press it to a part of your body. They have to guess where they’re pressing.
What To Do When Bored In Class?
Believe it or not, when you’re sitting there bored in class, you don’t have to sleep, annoy your friends, or misbehave. You have other options for what to do when bored!
- Learn!: Seriously. Okay, okay. Maybe you’ve finished the assigned work for the class you’re in. But you can do your homework from another class, or get a headstart on a new topic. But why stop there? There’s more to learning than the school curriculum. What to do when bored? Read a book. Practice a skill. If you aren’t distracting your classmates and are respectful of your teacher, chances are they’ll be happy to let you learn on your own.
- Help your classmates: If you’re bored in a class, it may be because it’s too easy for you. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy for your classmates. Ask them if they need any clarifications, chances are they’ll be grateful for the assistance. And better yet, teaching someone else is a great way for you to learn the concepts at a deeper level. To teach someone else, you really need to know what’s going on.
- Plan your week or study timetable: Staying organised is a key to success at school – an excellent answer to what to do when bored. Make a study plan for when you get home. And don’t forget to plan a reward for sticking to your schedule!
- Doodle or draw: Let your mind wander as you doodle and relax. Or practice your drawing skills in your notebook.
- Write a story: All you need is a pen and paper. Stretch your imagination. This is a great secret activity if you don’t want your teacher to know you’re doing something else – it looks like you’re diligently working away.
For Kids: What To Do When You’re Bored At Home?
Keeping kids occupied can feel as difficult as brain surgery. Especially during the holidays. ‘What to do in the holidays when?’ bored becomes a key question. So here are some ideas to help cure holiday boredom.
- Build A Fort: Whether in your bedroom, lounge room or backyard you can build an epic fort.
- Play Dress Ups: What do do when bored? Transform into a soldier, nurse, police, or sportstar.
- Play Balloon Volleyball: The more the merrier for this game. What to do when bored? Wonder no longer.
- Learn Archery: Practice precision and learn the ancient art of archery.
- Build a bouquet: Collect flowers and build a bouquet for your mother.
- Build A Giant Dinosaur: What do kids love more than dinosaurs? Building their own dinosaur!
- Draw In 3D: What’s better than drawing? Drawing in 3D!
- Make A Scrapbook Of Your Life: Highlight all your favourite memories. In a few years, looking back at your scrapbook will be another activity for what to do when bored.
- The Floor Is Lava: Careful! You can’t touch the floor.
- Play Dress Ups: Use these woodland masks to dress up as animals.
- Tea Party Time: Host a tea party with your esteemed guests (teddy bears).
- Engineer A Paper Plane: Amateurs make paper planes. Pros engineer them.
- Build A Lemonade Stand: Start raking in that moolah.
- Make Your Own Balloon Unicorn: Build your own mythical beast.
What To Do When Bored At Work?
Are you bored at work? Well done! It means you’ve got your difficult tasks done and have some extra time. If that’s the case, perhaps you deserve a reward. A coffee. Some social media time. But after your reward, it’s best to begin something productive when you’re bored at work. Here are some ideas for what to do when bored at work.
- Get Organized: Declutter your workspace and plan your upcoming projects.
- Build A Sculpture: Use your pens, paper clips and papers to build an epic sculpture.
- Write Down Your Achievements: This will come in useful when going for a promotion or applying for a new position.
- Update Your LinkedIn Profile: Update your skills, add new connections, and re-write your bio.
- Go For A Walk: It’s a great way to free the imagination and get new ideas.
- Write A 5 Year Plan: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What to do when bored can lead to a new career plan.
- Catch Up With A Coworker: Go for coffee or lunch. A great reward for what to dowhen bored.
- Evaluate Your Performance: Look for areas you can capitalise on and areas you can improve. What to do when bored can help you.
- Start An Online Course: Is there a new skill that will help your career? You’ll be glad you asked ‘what to do when bored’ in five years.
- Write Thank-you notes: Write thank you notes for three people who have helped you in the last month.
Creative Things To Do When Bored
Those with a vivid imagination and creative flair never have to be bored for long… they can always find something creative to do when bored. What to do when bored – get creative!
- Draw: Here’s some inspiration for things to draw when you’re bored at home.
- Scrapbook: Record your most precious moments in a scrapbook. You’ll appreciate it in 10 years time.
- Redecorate: Rearrange your room, reinvigorate your lounge, and bring life back to your backyard. A better living space is a great result for wondering what to do when bored.
- Photography: Get artsy and take some cool snaps. Whether it’s of nature, your family, or pets, there’s plenty of opportunities to get creative.
- Sculpture: Collect things you don’t want anymore and transform them into a cool sculpture. You can even make it practical by designing a jewellry stand, coat hanger or other household item.
- Make Your Own Jewellery: You get the exact design and style you want when you make your own jewellry.
- Reinvent Old Clothes: Get your scissors, a thread and needle and reinvent your old clothes into something new.
- Write A Song: Pick up your instrument, or a pen and paper and write a song.
- Creative Cooking: Make a meal from only the ingredients in your fridge and pantry – without using a recipe book.
- Create a photo wall: Collect your favourite photos and use them to make a collage on your wall.
What To Do When Bored? Choose!
There you have it. Over 200 ideas to answer modernities most frequently asked question: what to do when your bored? You have the answers. Pick one. Have fun! And when you get bored again and for a second time ask ‘what to do when bored?’ – come back here to find another idea!