How do you create the BEST birthday party for your friend or family member?
Hire a private plane and fly to Disneyland? Call Elon Musk and organise a space party? Have Oprah host it? No, no, and no. You don’t need to spend a fortune to create an unforgettable birthday. You simply need to give them a surprise birthday party!
That’s right, a surprise birthday party. For starters it’s going to have more atmosphere than a space party. But a surprise birthday party requires some serious planning. That’s where this post will help you. We cover everything you need to know to make your surprise birthday party the best surprise birthday party ever.
1. Your Surprise Birthday Timeline – So You Stay Organised
- Set The Date.
Gather your fellow conspirators and scan your calendars for potential clashes.
- Organise the Venue
Because it’s a surprise birthday party, the venue becomes more critical. You’ll have to have a devious ruse planned to either get that special surprise birthday guest to the venue or away from home.
- Send out the Invites
It’s a surprise party so the invitation must spell out it’s a secret. That means lips are sealed. Acceptances are secretly returned. Ensure your guests know when to arrive, where to park discreetly and most importantly, how not to giggle as the guest arrives.
- The Surprise Birthday Cake
You want their favourite flavour with some epic decorations. For some inspiration, here’s a cake that has another surprise inside it.
- Organising the food and drink
Leave this until you know the numbers. But always err on the generous side.
2. Essential Party Items
Here’s a list of must have surprise birthday party essentials that put the ‘icing on the cake’:
- Moustache Party Pack
- Tabletop Entertainment Card Games
- Prescription Beer Bottle Holder
- Ice Straws Mould
- Party Animals Wearable Drink Mats
- LED Copper Wire String Lights
- Loser To Legend – Half Yard Ale Stick
- Pepo Popsicle Watermelon Slicer
- Flikz Lighter Candles (pack of 6)
- Unicorn Sprinkles Shaker
- Biodegradable Paper Straws
- Cap Launcher Bottle Open
3. Surprise Birthday Themes
A surprise birthday themed party makes it wayyyy more fun. Here’re a few ideas:
> TV characters
> Ghosts, gremlins, & fairies
> Astronauts & aliens
For The Party People
> Favourite movie character
> Boats & hoes
> What you wanted to be as a kid
For The Older folks
> Come as a senior citizen
> Dress from the 60’s
> Famous figures from history
4. Jokes For Your Hilarious Speech
Jokes are more than great ice-breakers, they make for a memorable speech. Here’re some hilarious birthday jokes for your speech, guaranteed to have the surprise birthday crowd roaring:
> I used to be a boy trapped in a woman’s body. But after 9 long months, I was finally born!
> I finally realized my parents favored my twin brother. It hit me when they asked me to blow up balloons for his surprise birthday party.
> It’s easier to remember your age if you don’t change it every year.
> Why are birthdays good for you? People who have the most live the longest.
5. Surprise Birthday Party Games
Party games are a great way to get the party going. Here’re some games you can play:
> Party Hot Seat
Place a seat at the front of the room. The birthday boy or gal gets to choose the guest to take a seat and then has 30 seconds to fire all and any questions at the guest in the hot seat.
> How times have changed
Give everyone a piece of paper and see how many things they can list that have changed/been invented since the guest of honour was born.
> Hula dancing
Have a dozen hula hoops by the dance floor. When the music stops, everyone grabs a hula-hoop and hulas. The best or worst wins a prize.
6. Surprise Birthday Gifts
It’ll really be an epic surprise birthday if the guest of honour doesn’t get heaps of presents? Here’s a few suggestions for gifts that the surprise birthday boy or girl will love:
- LED Alarm Clock
- Seniors Moments Wit and Wisdom book
- Ridley’s Family Quizzes & Games
- Peleg Design Magic Chain Bottle Holder
- Magnetic Fridge Bottle Opener & Top
- Game of Thrones House Stark Globe Glasses
- Truth Or Dare Challenge Card Game
- Harry Potter Collectible Quidditch Set
- HandiScope 30x Pocket Microscope
- Bluetooth Wireless Shower Speaker
7. Alternative Surprise Birthday Celebrations
The party is the most traditional surprise birthday. But there are other awesome options:
- Meet at in a park, by a shelter or BBQ. Imagine your friends surprise when they walk around the bend to be overwhelmed by a deafening ‘Surprise!’ Have a fun afternoon playing games of soccer and enjoying some food. It’s a great way to make it a family celebration.
- Plan a surprise dinner for your bestie. You don’t have to have a huge party to have an epic night – organise your group to go out to a nice restaurant.
- Go to the zoo, aquarium or movies. This is a great way to celebrate a kids birthday. It’ll be more exciting than a normal party!
If you think they’re great alternative options, you’ll like these ideas too.
Now you have everything you need for a surprise party… what are ou waiting for? Get planning!